This is my submission for the third quarter. My magazine is now a September (fall) fashion magazine for 2017. For the article featured in my magazine, I asked an aspiring model who shared her thoughts on the beauty standards of most fashion magazines.
This is my Table of Contents page. It's simpler than my last Table of Contents page because I felt that the small red banner was quite much already because it didn't really fit with the other pages of my magazine. Since I took out the red from my cover photo, now it'd just look weird if it was still there. I also tried to emphasize my title name and fixed the heading of the sections because I felt that this was the page that most people see first that's actually made by me, besides the cover and the ADs that go before them. This is the page that really says what the other pages will be. I also made the photo a little warmer because the entire aesthetics of the page boils down to the color gold. Now, gold is a very warm color and when a photo that looked cooler is matched under the gold shade, then it's going to look awkward. Lastly for the page, I changed the page number from just the page number to the magazine title and the page number itself because the page was already plain as it should be and it just adds a nice change to the page.
This is the first page to my article and I chose for the topic of the article to be somewhat relatable to the fashion industry issue that society may face today. I started with what I believed to be "Modern Beauty" because that's what I consider it to be. It's not necessarily a new idea of beauty, but one that more and more people try to tackle in today's time. The overall theme and title of the page is "The New Beauty Standard" because despite this being modern beauty, it is trying to establish a new beauty standard that I believe we should all try to respect and accept. For this page, I had to coordinate the title color to the last two pages I have shown to show consistency and aesthetics. The even balance of the words and the photos also bring a nice effect to the entire page. Just like the Table of Contents page, I coordinate the format for the page number because this is also a page that is meant to be plain that needs a little flare.
Fortunately for me, my vision towards the issue of unfair beauty standards imposed by the fashion industry was the same as the model's. So, most of the ideas in the article was by her. She believes in a new beauty standards and she understands the difficulty in the industry. She's much shorter than the average model and she worries about her weight, and her figure; but despite all that, she appreciates her beauty and she believes that everyone should too. The magazine title means appealing or moving in French and the issue and the model itself were moving in that sense. For this page, I added a separate quote that the model said that really hits the heart because it's relatable and true. I made this yellow to stand out from the rest to, what I said, stand out. I kept both these photos on these two pages because they really reflected the serious, yet playful side of the model towards modelling. Her confidence and beliefs made her the one to endorse the new beauty standard.




Comments
Post a Comment