
For the table of contents, I didn't want it to change all that much, since I really like the overall aesthetics of it. The elements I changed are very simple, but it seemed to make quite the difference, in my own opinion. I decided that September instead of winter suited my magazine better because I don't have a whole lot of pages. Most magazines that release a new issue by season are thick and very full of content, but mine is not even over 150-pages, hence I believe that it should truly be monthly. Then, I made the color of the magazine title brighter in order for it to match the cover photo title color, simply to coordinate and heighten the overall coordination of the magazine. Then, I took out the small, red banner on the side because i felt that it might've been much for the page itself already. Plus, there was no red in my cover photo, so i removed it also to coordinate colors eloquently. I also changed the font for the heading of each section of the magazine because it felt awkward for it to all be low case in an extremely contrasted font from the rest. I also fixed the page number to make it slightly more appealing to see. I also changed some of the wording for it to flow better and justified each column to make it prettier to see. Lastly, I made the photo slightly warmer in color -- yellowish -- in the name of color coordination. It looked awkward that the cover photo had the natural sunlight and for the titles to be yellow/gold and the photo's color was cool; it didn't seem right, so i changed it.
Comments
Post a Comment