My product, according to my vision, would advocate for those people whose do not have a say in society's beauty standards. My product is also relatable to everyone else who feel as if society is not on their side because they're not exactly portrayed by the media as beautiful or "model material." Through the goals I have in mind in producing such a product that could make a difference and or an impact in the fashion industry is extremely engaging to me. Every issue will call for people in today's world who have the potential and confidence to become the next big thing because character is what drives this magazine to strive for success.
One part of my goal is to engage my target audience with my product. Every single part of my product is set to suit my target audience. My cover photo was set to engage the audience by the different factors I had placed to please the eye to anyone who takes a look at it. My magazine's name,

Émouvant, is French for appealing, moving, touching, etc. This is to directly show the audience the entire vision of my product: to move people, touch their hearts and minds, and appeal to the greater audience. I also made the cover photo simple in order to direct the audience's eyes to the model and the goal that the issue is conveying: being strong, confident, and beautiful. Some magazines out there have too many text on the cover and I think that's just too distracting and unappealing. Also, the color gold is an attention grabber to the audience because it's so noticeable. My featured article was also included in the cover to allude the audience with the article that that says it all about my magazine. Going in the magazine, I planned for the table of contents to feel comfortable to the audience's eyes because I felt that the table of contents is the very first look into the magazine and it says a lot about it. The blue and gold were colors that somewhat contrasted each other in a good way because the gold shows a warmer to the magazine while the blue made it cooler, in a way that they just balanced each other out. Also, denim is a good choice of clothing and it's extremely
dangerous in the fashion industry because it's such a strong wear that mixing different shades of it would come out looking like a fashion disaster. So, I experimented and found the best suiting type of denim that could be featured in this magazine. It's almost a lesson to everyone out there that even the most complex types of apparel can be worn with so much style. Also, the headings that I placed on the table of contents makes navigation through the magazine a walk in the park. To the audience, the table of contents is what they see first and looking at a warm and inviting page can engage them to look into it even more. Now, going deeper into the magazine, the article is the pièce de
résistance of the magazine as always. The article pages are what the audiences look for because this is where the audience can really see to what type of fashion magazine this is. The article is reading-friendly because there aren't too many big words in there and the article itself talks to you as a person because whatever is in it is very relatable to some or most of the audience. Taking photos at different angles with different outfits really grabs the attention of the audience because that's what stands out in a sea of a page with words. The planned different and coordinating clothes of the model -- blue, yellow, and pink -- really gives an aesthetic look to the photos; but also, it's subtle and it just blends in the page, contrasted from the mostly white and black of the page. I made the title and the first letter of the article stand out for aesthetic and or artistic reasons. I let the title somewhat take over the photo a little and made it gold to make it more noticeable, also to coordinate the rest of the colors in my magazine. Then, I also made the first letter of the article to be a drop cap, bold and stands out from the rest, for dramatic and artistic reasons to really grab their attention; based from my research, wherein that technique of drop capping the first letter is very prevalent.Lastly, I picked out the best quote that the person I interviewed said to make it stand out to really grab the audience's attention to the article.
As a real media text, I would have to strategically plan distribution for the magazine because that's one of the most vital part of this entire thing. Assuming that I have already planned for everything and I got my product into a market/retailer and now, all I have to do is distribute my product. in order to do that, I have to explore my options and be able to assess which one will benefit my product more. So, knowing that I recently started this product, I would have to distribute it to local markets and traditionally, products are sent to a warehouse and it' distributed form there. Well, that's normally the case, but I'm new at this whole thing, so I'm going to have to take it slow since I may not even have a lot of money to do that. So, I would just have to use my own resources to distribute it directly to the market. When I do start being successful and a sufficient influx of money comes around, then I'll distribute my product traditionally through a warehouse to distribute to super markets, retail stores, and many others. Hiring a news agent would also be in my plan of distribution because they know their way in the industry and that would definitely contribute in terms of making smarter decisions for the magazine. Also, after I have established my product in the industry, I could call for a distribution company to distribute my product nationwide and so on. I chose the Curtis Circulation Company to distribute my product because they are the leading magazine distribution market with $550 million retail sales. They function nationally and that's all I really have to be for now. Distribution world wide would be my next goal; but for now, I'm going to stick to a national distribution to build the product itself.
Comments
Post a Comment